Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Jamie Wei Huang Spring Summer 2015



The first fashion show I attended Friday morning during fashion week was already a highlight I was extremely looking forward to - the one of Jamie Wei Huang.
After she participated at the Designers for Tomorrow Award in Berlin a few seasons ago - I already kept track of her impeccable creations. This LFW season I made my way over to London early enough to see her show. Luckily!
Her Spring Summer 2015 collection is a play of modern wearable aesthetics with straight loose cuts always keeping a playful femininity. She used classic materials but also a selection of innovative woven fabrics, creating vibrant effects, topped with fine leather details e.g. pockets with strap closures on dresses, shirts and tops. They might relate to the story behind her collection about absolutely non-fashion people in the tube between which you might spot a cheerful colored backpack. 

Let aside her great show I also visited the wonderful designer herself at the BFC Showroom at Somerset House the day after and got to see her fresh pieces up close. 
From that lovely experience I can now say that my favorite pieces are the black and white sleeveless dress with deep v-neck, leather details on shoulder and as pockets made of a woven fibered material and the black and white checked shirt with black leather collar and details. 

More favorite pieces from the Jamie Wei Huang SS 2015 collection below:










Liked this post? Become a DARLINH and follow me on:


No comments :

Post a Comment