Friday, July 18, 2014

Berlin Fashion Week: MALAIKARAISS SS15



My personal lucky moment of Berlin Fashion Week?
Well, before I can tell you, you have to know that my two all time favourite Berlin designers for which it always breaks my heart if I have to miss their shows, are Isabell de Hillerin and Malaika Raiss.
Since this season I was working for Isabell, I was quite sure not to make it to Malaika who was showing right after on the "Runway" whereas Isabell was doing a presentation in the "Studio". I mean it is both located in the Erika-Hess-Eisstadion but cleaning up after the show does take its time. So I didn't register for the Malaika Raiss show in beforehand but rather pushed the multiple invitations and reminders away to not become sad haha.
So if you are a big team and there are still interviews going on - there is nothing to clean. So actually already 15 minutes late (but the schedule was a chaos by now anyway so hope was there) I almost ran all the way from backstage to the counter. The girls from Malaika Raiss already half packed their stuff to go in but somehow I got a ticket (lucky moment! thank you girls) - back to the runway, the show is about to start, they are filling up the rows with people and I get a seat in the front row... "it cannot get any better", I thought. Yeah, right. Because then the show started and I got overwhelmed by Malaika Raiss' new Spring/Summer 2015 collection with a beautiful colour range of strong orange, warm dark red, powder pink, white, creme tones and the sweetest birdy print.
My favourite piece is the light knit with the transparent panel (on the very right of the picture above). What I especially love about Malaika is her eye for details. She worked on new jewellery with which my SS15 wishlist is filling already, had the most beautiful models with gorgeous Franzi Müller on front - hair, make-up, shoes and styling all made perfect sense.
The Berlin designer managed to create a wonderful harmony between elegant suit blazers and pants but also Swarosvki and pearl beaded jackets and embroidered statement t-shirts. My love for the brand is growing !




Liked this post? Become a DARLINH and follow me on:


No comments :

Post a Comment