As soon as it is starting to get freezingly cold outside, I believe the time for some cravtivism has arrived.
That is why I am super excited to finally present you a new do-it-youself: THE STRASS TOP!
With the wide armholes the top can look all classy, casual and cool. I am really proud of the result of this very simple DIY.
All you need is:
- a simple loose t-shirt
- a pair of scissors
- pearls, beans, strass stones and everything else shiny that has holes so that you can sew it on the shirt
- glue (optional but very helpful!)
- needle & yarn
And here is how you do it:
1. Fold the shirt in the middle and lay it down like in the picture. Cut the armholes (and if you want also the neckline) into the shapes you want them to be.
2. Put a piece of paper or carton between into the shirt - that way it won't stick when you use the glue later.
3. Choose the decoration you like and organize it on the spread shirt the way you want it to be later.
4. Glue the decoration slightly to the shirt one by one. Means you drip one tiny point of glue on the backside of e.g. a strass (but be aware not to "close" the sewing holes") and put it back on the place it belongs on the shirt.
5. Sew every single stone to the shirt. Pearls might need two or three runs for stronger hold on the thin jersey.
Voila you are done! :D
And since I really want to convince you how cool this DIY is and how much I love it myself, here 3 spontaneous general outfit ideas: CHIC, CASUAL and CLASSY
Happy crafting! :)